Friday, September 19, 2014

An Old Score Settled

Today, I took on an old dragon that I thought would never wake. I didn't want to wait any longer to find out if he would.

I negotiated an old debt down to a 55% of the original. I got it and used a portion of my intended downpayment to pay it off in one lump sum. I was given the confirmation number. But the confirmation letter showing a full payoff with $0 balance will not come until the next business day.

I tried to get them down to 30% but they said they could only do %60. I was a little pushy and got the manager to lower it another %5. I'm happy.

I asked them if they do deletions but they do not. The mortgage lender volunteered to handle the details after I get the confirmation letter. They told me it should take about 2 weeks to clear everything up.

I guess the question on my mind is, shouldn't I wait for a while and let my credit score improve so that I can get a better interest rate?

My wife and I are prepared to continue to save, let our score improve and take our time with all of this. The management coming down and fixing the a/c today has helped our patience.

In the end, it is a nice feeling knowing the dragon has been slain if nothing else just for the peace of mind.

By the way, I found the missing W-2 form I was looking for during lunch yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment