Sunday, August 2, 2015

Electrical/Drywall Error

One of our upgrades was a 5 foot elevated power outlet for the living room so that we can mount our TV without cables dangling. They wired us for it but drywalled over it.

I would normally just wait to say anything while they are working, but it is obviously an oversight.

Here are the electrical boxes for this portion of the living room on a frame only.

Here is the drywall after the first day. I doubt they were aware that they covered the elevated boxes but we'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Here the drywall joints and nails have been smoothed over in preparation for texturing. This is further evidence that an oversight has occurred. They should have cut the holes for the boxes already.

No, having documented this, this is not the order in which I figured this all out. Late last night looking at the last image is when I noticed it. I started to worry if the elevated outlets were even placed during framing.

It had been a few months since I saw the electrical stuff. After looking through the photos I took on June 9th, I saw the picture at the top. They should be able to easily cut the holes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment