I spoke with the new lender early this morning. He said everything is looking awesome.
My wife and the realtor met me over at the builder's model home/office to go over the contract and all of that preliminary stuff you have to go through. I asked a couple of questions that really fired up the sales rep.
I don't know what her damn problem was. She was very short and it was escalating so I snapped her back into line with a simple statement, "Look, we're just asking some questions." We hadn't seen a model of our house yet, and wouldn't for a few more days. In fact all we had seen was the office we were in with her and a few brochures that she had emailed to me. With a sample question of would we be able to add things like an extra plug outlet, she snapped "NO!". She was very defensive, abrupt and just right out rude.
I figured out some of it later on. She was upset that we had brought the realtor with us, she was using a PC, and her printer was giving her fits. I didn't care what her reasons were but she didn't have to be so rude.
Anyway, she was super fussy and in a hurry for us to sign. I had to get assurances from her that I would have more than the time in her office to read everything in the contract. She was sort of resistant with comments like take it or leave it. The realtor was able to intervene and get an answer that the contract would not be submitted to corporate until next week.
I pulled my wife and realtor aside so we could talk in private about the sales rep's overall attitude and the bad impression that she was giving us. We were encouraged to look passed the attitude she was displaying.
The realtor had to leave early to honor an appointment and my wife needed to get our son home for lunch. I stayed to finish the paperwork and try to warm that old lady up. In the end she had lightened up quite a bit.
The sales rep gave me a sold sign to stick in the yard. Here's a photo of that.
Enough on that! We have to go to decide on all of our color options by February 1. I booked an appointment with the place that provides that service for January 27.
I spent the late evening going through every document to read all of the applicable fine print. Everything seems to be ok. I have a question about a couple of small things. I just have to wonder if my questions will bring out the fangs again. Time will tell. Time will tell.
Showing posts with label credit history. Show all posts
Showing posts with label credit history. Show all posts
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Preliminary Documents, Contract and the Sales Rep from Hell
Labels:
building,
contract,
credit history,
earnest money,
equifax,
experian,
finance,
financing,
home,
house,
house hunting,
lender,
loan,
mortgage,
new home,
new house,
pre-qualification,
realtor,
rude,
seller
Thursday, January 8, 2015
The Chosen - The Sweet and Sour Deal
I took over checks to the realtor for the Option Money and Earnest Money today at lunchtime. Throughout the day, I received emails with copies of our offer, sellers disclosure of house condition etc...
The realtor called me shortly after lunch to tell us that there were offers higher than ours and wanted to know if we wanted to raise our offer. I gave her a big NO! She said she was glad that I stayed firm on our offer as she knows increasing will only make appraising even more difficult.
Then, the lender called me to tell me that there is pending disputes on my credit history against a zero balance that I opened a few months ago (see previous blog entry.) She basically needed me to sign a form allowing her to go in and have the dispute removed. I complied.
I got a call from the realtor later in the evening. She told us that the seller has chosen us. The higher offers would not appraise. We came in just under the threshold.
All is not so sweet and we have much to sort out before we can come to agreement.
The seller wants us to pay all closing costs in 3 weeks, which is a bunch of crap in my opinion. We will do it if it means making the deal happen but I'm not happy about it. The reason it pisses me off is that the seller still wants to stay in the house through March 5, well over a month after we have paid closing costs. It forces us into a situation where we may get stuck paying rent on our apartment and a mortgage payment.
So, tomorrow we have to put the ball back in their court and put the pressure back on the seller. If we can't agree, we'll pull the plug without another thought.
The realtor called me shortly after lunch to tell us that there were offers higher than ours and wanted to know if we wanted to raise our offer. I gave her a big NO! She said she was glad that I stayed firm on our offer as she knows increasing will only make appraising even more difficult.
Then, the lender called me to tell me that there is pending disputes on my credit history against a zero balance that I opened a few months ago (see previous blog entry.) She basically needed me to sign a form allowing her to go in and have the dispute removed. I complied.
I got a call from the realtor later in the evening. She told us that the seller has chosen us. The higher offers would not appraise. We came in just under the threshold.
All is not so sweet and we have much to sort out before we can come to agreement.
The seller wants us to pay all closing costs in 3 weeks, which is a bunch of crap in my opinion. We will do it if it means making the deal happen but I'm not happy about it. The reason it pisses me off is that the seller still wants to stay in the house through March 5, well over a month after we have paid closing costs. It forces us into a situation where we may get stuck paying rent on our apartment and a mortgage payment.
So, tomorrow we have to put the ball back in their court and put the pressure back on the seller. If we can't agree, we'll pull the plug without another thought.
Labels:
30 days,
appraisal,
buyer,
closing,
credit history,
dispute,
earnest money,
equifax,
experian,
home,
house,
house hunting,
lender,
mortgage,
offer,
option money,
realtor,
rent,
seller
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Establishing Credit for My Wife Who Has None
I have added my wife as a cardholder to 2 of my credit cards. Some banks charge a fee for this, some don't and some simply don't allow it. My 2 cards allow it and charge no fee.
She will get the benefit of my history with these two cards that report every 30 days.
90 days later we will set up a card account with Macy's who also report every 30 days.
The key to all of these cards is to charge 10% of limit and pay off each month.
Finally, we will establish an additional type of credit by opening an account with a store like Conn's and follow the same concept. I was told with a place like Conn's to carry the debt for about 6 months, 10% of limit and there will be no fee within that time frame.
The chances are small that any of this will be considered in our house hunt. I'm documenting it in the event that we don't buy for 6 months or more.
She will get the benefit of my history with these two cards that report every 30 days.
90 days later we will set up a card account with Macy's who also report every 30 days.
The key to all of these cards is to charge 10% of limit and pay off each month.
Finally, we will establish an additional type of credit by opening an account with a store like Conn's and follow the same concept. I was told with a place like Conn's to carry the debt for about 6 months, 10% of limit and there will be no fee within that time frame.
The chances are small that any of this will be considered in our house hunt. I'm documenting it in the event that we don't buy for 6 months or more.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)