Thursday, October 9, 2014

Establishing Credit for My Wife Who Has None

I have added my wife as a cardholder to 2 of my credit cards. Some banks charge a fee for this, some don't and some simply don't allow it. My 2 cards allow it and charge no fee.

She will get the benefit of my history with these two cards that report every 30 days.

90 days later we will set up a card account with Macy's who also report every 30 days.

The key to all of these cards is to charge 10% of limit and pay off each month.

Finally, we will establish an additional type of credit by opening an account with a store like Conn's and follow the same concept. I was told with a place like Conn's to carry the debt for about 6 months, 10% of limit and there will be no fee within that time frame.

The chances are small that any of this will be considered in our house hunt. I'm documenting it in the event that we don't buy for 6 months or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment